Dickie Joe's Burgers

Rushing around today, I decided to force myself to pause at 2:49pm for brunch.

Yeah, I said brunch. At almost 3pm.

Don't judge. At least I'm eating before 7pm.

(Again, no judging, please.)

The long line at Taco Bell suggested I grab a burger next door at Dickie Joe's. I had a Wow!Burger at 9pm last night, but what the hell.


In brief, they were helpful when I asked to see the ingredients in their gluten free bun, which was spongy and light - almost like traditional bread. And yes, it's dairy free. They brush the bun with rice bran oil and toast it. No butter :-)

They asked if I'd like them to change their gloves when making my food. Yes please.

There was a little confusion over what I wanted and didn't want on the burger, resulting in a remake without cheese, but the burger was tasty. Dedicated fryer. 

My mushroom kraut burger* plus fries and a regular fountain drink was $11 even.
Summary: good food, easy to order, GFDF, and I would return. 

*This is my usual order at Wow!Burger, and since that's what I had for dinner, I thought it would be interesting to compare the two. (Wow wins.) Why kraut? It kind of stands in for the tangy umami of Swiss cheese. It's really good. You should try it sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment