Laughing Planet - Gabriel Park

Laughing Planet is one of those places I kinda sorta like sometimes. You know what I mean?

Most of the time I avoid places that feature the popular vegan cafe "Veggie Bowl" or "Veggie Wrap" thing. It just doesn't appeal to me. This is why every time I venture into Cafe Yumm, I see this on the menu and venture back out to seek out another place to eat. 

When I'm desperate I find myself at Laughing Planet, and it seems like every time I go here, that's what I find. There is one near a laundromat we use, and that's usually when I eat there. 

Despite not liking the bowls or wraps, this place makes it easy to find food that I can eat. 


Last laundry night we ended up here just before closing I found a Paleo Bowl that seemed edible, and I asked about the Killer Green sauce that comes with it. The gal at the counter said, 

"Oh, it's very mild. It has avocado, cilantro, serrano pepper... (blah blah blah)...and other chile peppers"

"Can I have a taste first?" I asked.
Holy crap. Serrano was a red flag that I overlooked because I trusted her when she said it's mild. It is NOT mild, and I coughed and choked and wished for a piece of bread of glass of milk to kill the heat. 

"I like spicy food," she said, "So I guess it seems mild to me. Do you want to try the BBQ sauce or peanut sauce?"

Having previously learned that their BBQ sauce is super spicy, I asked to try the peanut sauce. 

It was tasty, but the one taste continued to heat up as we talked, and I knew I wouldn't be able to handle a whole dinner with that all over it. 

After tasting the hummus, I went with that. Dinner was ok. I ate more kale than I normally do. 

Dave ordered a quesadilla and it was ok, but he wished it had more cheese. 

This is why we save this place for days when we're desperate. 

Here's the Laughing Planet menu. It is very easy to order GFDF here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment